As evidenced by the state of my couch in my previous post, I’m in the market for some new furniture.
So here’s how that went:
- Me: *Enters lovely showroom*
- *Sits on pretty couch*
- *Checks price tag*
- *Faints dead away from shock*
- Nice Saleslady: *approaches cautiously*
- Me: *Sits up and tries to look normal*
- NS: “May I help you?”
- Me: “Um, Do you have anything on sale?”
- NS: (brightly)”We don’t have any sales, because of our everyday low prices. “
- Me: *Struggles mightily not to roll eyes* “Oh….kay…”
- NS: “But we do have our clearance warehouse…”
- Me: “Aha! That’s for me!!”
- NS: (uncertainly) “I’ll just have to get the key…”
- Me: “Awesome! I’ll wait here.”
She came back with a key and led me out the back door, across the snow-packed lot, past a dumpster, and then into a warehouse crammed full of mismatched furniture with red tags.
I do believe I have found myself something I can afford, I thought!