I pinned three different versions of this recipe over the course of the last six months.
I guess I like peanut butter and chocolate, huh?
Anyways, when I finally made it for my book club, this was delicious. I thought it might have been better as a cheesecake or brownie than as a cheese ball. I mean, why bother dipping stuff in it when you can just bite right into it, right?
Here’s the version I actually made:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- 8oz pkg Reese’s peanut butter cup Minis
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in the sugar and heat until sugar dissolves (about one minute). Remove from heat immediately add vanilla and allow to cool to room temperature (very important).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with powdered sugar and peanut butter until creamy. On low, add in brown sugar mixture (that has cooled to room temperature). Mix until combined. Fold in mini chocolate chips and mini Reese’s cups. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy with pretzels, animal cracker and graham sticks.
…or…JUST EAT IT STRAIGHT!