- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 (3.4 oz) box cook-and serve chocolate pudding
- 1/4 plus 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp chocolate sauce
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Coat the crockpot with cooking spray. Or better yet, put a crockpot liner in it.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, pudding mix. 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Make a well in the center and add milk, oil, and vanilla. Stir gently until batter is smooth and then add chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture in the prepared crockpot.
- In yet another bowl, stir together chocolate sauce and remaining 1/3 cup sugar. Pour in the boiling water and stir until smooth.
- Pour the second mixture on top of the batter in they slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 hours until the cake is puffed and the top layer is set.
- Let stand 30 minutes with the cover on, then serve with ice cream.
Above is the picture from pinterest; here’s the crockpot cake that I actually made:
This came out pretty well, although I’m not sure the cinnamon was the best idea.
Still, it did set up as an actual cake, with a nice soft center.