My husband and I have been married for twenty-one years. Therefore, we felt the need to spend a whole bunch of money on fancy food. I don’t exactly know why….
The food was as delicious as it looked, but looking at the bill almost killed us.
Still, we had a great time. And of course, it was all about the conversation, and not the food, right? And if you’ve read about our previous “date nights” (see Valentine’s Day) you’ll know it’s always unpredictable.
Here’s a conversation sample:
- Him: So my friend and I got into an argument about who is cooler: Michael Jackson or Jimi Hendrix.
- Me: Seriously?
- Him: Yep.
- Me: But that’s obvious. Jimi Hendrix. No contest.
- Him: Yeah I know.
- Me: He actually argued for Michael Jackson? Over JIMI?!
- Him: Yeah.
- Me: Weird.
- Him: So I made a power point–
- Me: You made a power point?
- Him: Well, just one slide.
- Me:You made a POWER POINT?!
- Him: Yeah.
- Me. Okay.
- Him: And it showed definitively that Jimi Hendrix was cooler than Michael Jackson. My friend had to concede defeat.
- Me: Well, of course. I like Michael Jackson and all, but… he’s not exactly cool.
- Him: Yeah. I may be a natural nerd myself, but I know cool.
- Me: You sure do.
- Him: And I can prove it with a power point….